With easy access to knowledge and resources, skills can be easily built to succeed as an entrepreneur.
In an article published almost seven years ago a list of 12 effective ways to build entrepreneurial skills that matter has been drown up. Do you think these are still relevant in 2023? Read them through and tell us what you think!
- Take a different path – “Creativity is the root of entrepreneurship.” – says Karndee Leopairote, from Thammasat University. Do you agree with this statement? By enhancing your creativity you will be able to spot opportunities that others might not notice. Creativity can help you formulate your business idea.
- Start a business – real world experiences teach the best. Whether you run a business on the side or full-time, you get the opportunity to grow your skills such as business planning, negotiation, sales and marketing.
- Stick with challenges – learn how to stretch your tenacity and perseverance muscles…these can be trained and further developed.
- Delay gratification – have you heard that Elon Musk, the founder of Tesla, Solar City and SpaceX set himself a challenge to live on only $1 a day to see if he had what it took to lead life as an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs need to get used to tackling failure without any rewards before they hit the jackpot.
- Manage your own finances – work on understanding basic finances, do your own taxes first to gain experience.
- Volunteer to lead – start by looking for volunteer and leading possibilities around you, before doing it for yourself
- Practice communication skills – it is really important to communicate effectively, to put your ideas across in an engaging way.
- Learn from a mentor – it is of upmost importance to have someone who is already experienced in the field. Don’t do the same mistakes yourself if you can find someone who can guide you.
- Work in sales – doesn’t matter what you sale, but through the process you will pick up valuable skills which are important for your entrepreneurial success.
- Get involved with other entrepreneurs – don’t forget that networking can lead to changing experiences and can safe you precious time along the way.
- Help others with their business – the more you help others solve problems with their own businesses, the more your own skills will grow.
- Keep learning – Keep your own learning and personal development active.
For more on the topic visit the link below.
Don’t forget to visit us regularly as we are developing methods to enhance your entrepreneurial skills, through engaging theatre techniques.